Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning …
The University Health Network (UHN), consisting of Princess Margaret Cancer Center, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, is a recognized leader in patient care, research and education.
Toronto General Hospital (TGH) is leading the way in cardiac care, organ transplants and the treatment of complex patient needs. Home to three of UHN’s major program groupings Peter Munk Cardiac Centre, Transplant, and Surgery and Critical Care, our highly skilled teams and dedicated volunteers are committed to UHN’s vision of achieving global impact.
As a member of the Surgical Services Ambulatory Clinics team, the Administrative Assistant I will exercise some judgment or decision-making to provide secretarial and clerical services, in support of administrative and/or professional personnel, including: performing word processing/typing services for assigned personnel; providing support with small and/or informal meetings/events; maintaining written and/or electronic calendar/schedules; maintaining and modifying electronic and paper information filing/retrieval systems methods, and/or formats; performing routine budgetary support functions; providing functional supervision to lower classified clerical position(s); ensuring the efficient operation of the Department; performing other related clerical activities; performing cross-functional responsibilities, as assigned; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
To be considered for this role, you must have significant experience in managing time and tasks within an extremely busy professional office environment, and have the ability to focus on the priorities of a rapidly changing day. You have excellent MS Office applications skills, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience in scheduling Patient appointments and overseeing Patient chart management; superb organizational and time management skills and the ability to multitask effectively. The successful incumbent will show initiative and work well with a wide range of people throughout the organization. They will also be insightful, mature and tactful, remain calm under pressure and confident in their capability to perform well in the job and make it their own.
- Completion of a recognized post secondary secretarial arts program at the certificate level or equivalent
- Two (2) years related secretarial experience
- Previous on-the-job computer/word-processing, database and spreadsheet software experience required; experience in a Microsoft Office environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience working in a Health Care environment, an asset
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Strong knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
Closing Date for Application Submission: July 16, 2020
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications will be given first consideration.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.