JOB POSTING #869777
Site: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL
Department: COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH
Reports to: MANAGER
Hours: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
Status: Permanent Full Time
POSITION:The GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I is responsible for providing administrative and reception support to the programs and clinics that function at Community Mental Health (CMH), Asian Initiative in Mental Health (AIM), and Portuguese Mental Health and Addiction Services (PMHAS). This position will support the timely and efficient scheduling/rescheduling of patient appointments, responding to patient phone calls, activating patient appointments, cancelling patient appointments, and completing reminder calls. The assistant will complete administrative tasks that support data reporting requirements and a positive patient experience, meeting quality standards set out by UHN and the College of Physician and Surgeons of Ontario. This role involves interactions within a multidisciplinary team composed of clinicians, physicians, offsite personnel, and other administrative assistants across UHN sites. The assistant will also perform other duties within the scope of the position, as required.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary office administrative program at the certificate level or equivalent
- Two (2) years related?administrative support?experience
- Previous on-the-job experience with Office 365 required; spreadsheet experience required
- Experience working in a health care/mental health setting an asset
- Experience with patient scheduling systems and electronic health records preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to produce high-quality work in accordance with hospital standards
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritizing competing tasks
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
- Fluency in a second language is considered an asset
POSTED DATE: January 21, 2021 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.