Positions Available: 1
Unionized Position: No
Position Type: F/T, Permanent
Job Class: Clinical
The Administrative Assistant: Clinical provides administrative and clerical support to the Multidisciplinary Teams and the Program Psychiatrists.
- Tracks client hospitalizations / ED presentations and enters into Client Management Systems;
- Books and confirms client appointments for Team Psychiatrists and Primary Care Physicians;
- Prepares client records upon discharge as required;
- Substitutes for the receptionist as required;
- co-ordinates vacation time for both teams; and documents unscheduled work absences (sick time) to support payroll accuracy / employee benefit usage
- Prepares monthly on-call schedule for all teams;
- Monitors for staff attendance at scheduled trainings
- Prepares Client Welcome Packages for all Reconnect MHA programs
- Prepares group materials for psychoeducational programs
- Organizational point of contact for Furniture Bank
The successful candidate will possess:
- College Diploma or higher education in Administration or Business
- Minimum 3 years experience working in administration, preferably within community services
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of gender, race, sexual orientation and multicultural issues
· excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional and senior management
· Experience in working with ethnically diverse groups
· must have high personal ethical standards and be able to work with highly confidential information,
Criminal background check;
Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, as required;
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Reconnect, all new hires must have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to their start date and will be required to show proof. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon Reconnect’ s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a not-for-profit health service organization located in the west end of Toronto. We provide services for seniors, caregivers, and people living with mental health and addictions concerns.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited submit an internal application form and cover letter by clicking “Apply Now”.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 899-7894.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M6E 1B8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administrative: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person