Job Title: Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Specialist
Lincoln Construction Group is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable and Receivable Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records and ensuring timely payments and collections. The Accounts Payable and Receivable Specialist will work closely with the accounting department, vendors, and customers to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the company’s financial processes.
With over 46 years in business, we provide dependable construction services to commercial, industrial, and multi-residential building owners and property managers in the Greater Toronto Area and Southern Ontario. Our range of services include asphalt paving, concrete work, site work, landscaping, and winter property maintenance.
We offer full-time, permanent, year-round employment. Competitive wages, benefits and RRSP Match are available.
Manage all AP functions
- Set-up new vendors and maintain vendor records.
- Manage vendor relationships, reconcile account activity, request missing invoices, and ensure timely responses to inquiries.
- Manage PO verification/matching, obtain sign off and/or variance explanations.
- Ensure all AP billings are processed timely and accurately based on project cost-based allocation.
- Prepare monthly AP cheque runs, pull backups, track released payments and investigate aging cheques.
- Collaborate with the purchasing team to ensure that all purchase orders are properly documented and approved before payment.
- Post VISA transactions, utilities, and other accounts, and where required, prepare trending reports as payment backup.
Manage all AR functions
- Prepare all sales invoices, managing holdback requirements and PO obligations.
- Obtain multiple approvals, update project details in the system and email invoices to the customers.
- Manage the accounts payable and receivable mailbox, respond to vendor and customer inquiries promptly, and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Set up and track progress reports for projects completed and invoiced over several months.
- Track audit trail of email correspondence for any aging AR, report status and elevate when necessary.
- Follow up on aging invoices and call clients to collect outstanding payments when necessary.
- Continuously evaluate and improve accounts payable and receivable processes to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in accounts payable and receivable or related field
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience working with accounting software, (Maestro Software is an asset)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with vendors and customers
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Desired personality traits:
- Problem solver and solutions oriented
- Team player
- Patient, flexible and adaptable
- Positive attitude
- Detail oriented and organized
Salary range: $60,000 – $80,000 Annually (Salary can be negotiated based on experience)
Start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON M9W 6V6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-04-24