Why work at Ya YA Foods Corp.?
You are passionate, motivated and ready to take over the world? You are hungry for hands-on experience and eager to gain practical skills? You want to work closely with senior-level managers and gain a firsthand view of many aspects of running a business? Ya YA Foods is the right company for you.
As with development, career progression at larger firms is often structured and can take years to work up the ladder. At Ya YA Foods, your career progression is a direct result of your efforts and capabilities. By nature, working for Ya YA Foods gives talented candidates the opportunity to achieve faster career progression. In major organizations, there may be a lengthy queue of talented professionals waiting for the chance to move up.
At Ya YA Foods, you’ll have the opportunity to work in multiple functional areas, gain exposure to the business and senior management, setting you up for leadership or entrepreneurial roles in the future. At Ya YA Foods, there isn’t much bureaucracy, so ideas and projects can usually be implemented faster.
Three to five years at Ya YA Foods propels you to another level in the jobs market, and at an earlier stage than may otherwise have been possible. The experience you gain as an Ya YA Foods executive will help you move up to larger firms in the future.
- Full cycle AP including but not limited to invoice processing, data entry, PO & non-PO transactions, matching invoices with goods receipts or evidence of services and AP reporting activities as required
- Record daily AP transactions, post and process journal entries and required to ensure that all business transactions are recorded accurately and appropriately
- Liaison with internal departments for 3-way match paperwork for invoice approval & processing
- Perform bank, credit card, AP (vendor) reconciliations (research and resolve discrepancies, and continuous monitoring of accounts to ensure being up to date)
- Complete month-end close processes in a timely manner related to AP
- Perform additional ad-hoc tasks as required based on departmental needs
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Complies at all times with all rules & policies regarding health safety, occupational safety, environmental safety, food safety, legal regulations, company requirements.
- Compliance with the Company’s Integrated Management Systems which includes, but is not limited to Production, Quality, Food Safety & GMP.
- Compliance with the company’s Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements.
- High school diploma is required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (preferred)
- Accounting experience in both payable and receivable (preferred)
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel (advanced formulas) is preferred
- Prior experience with ERP system & accounting software is preferred
- Prior accounting, costing, analysis and financial reporting experience in a food manufacturing environment is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills partnered with the ability to communicate effectively through proper understanding of the Organization’s goals and expectations of internal Customers
- Excellent time management skills, strong communication, conflict resolution and analytical skills
- Ability to deliver results in a timely manner, without compromising on accuracy
- Strong financial systems and master data governance experience
- Demonstrated data-mining skills is mandatory
Ya Ya Foods celebrates diversity in our workforce. We encourage different perspectives and a working environment that is supportive of all our people – where every employee has the opportunity to realize his or her potential to the fullest. We gladly provide accommodations to any candidate with a disability taking part in the selection process upon request.
If you are interested in being considered as a candidate for this position, please submit your Resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
- vendor management: 2 years (preferred)
- Accounts payable: 2 years (preferred)