We are currently recruiting seasonal employees to assist with the Scenic Safari Drive Thru Zoo and guest
walking routes and Terra Lumina for the 2020 Summer season. These positions will assist with guest flow,
safety protocols/procedures and guest assistance. These positions will also assist and provide support in
implementing the approved Strategic Plan.
HOURS OF WORK: up to 40 hours per week
# OF POSITIONS: 20-30
PAY RATE: $14.00
HOURS OF WORK/DURATION: Variety of shifts including day/afternoon/evening, weekends and
- Ensuring guests adhere to distancing requirements and site rules
- Giving directions to guests, answering their questions and providing other assistance as required as guests
- Sanitizing touch surfaces where required
- Picking up litter and ensuring cleanliness in public areas
- Provide exceptional customer service to all Zoo guests and Members
- Other related duties as requested
• Customer service experience.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of WHMIS and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Self-starter, able to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to communicate with guests in a friendly and courteous manner
- Ability to handle the physical and climatic demands of the position
- Must be able to provide 5 days of availability and willing to a variety of shifts
If interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, 2020-07-17 to*:
- Please state “Application for Seasonal Guest Operations” in the subject line of your application and
outline your availability in the cover letter.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Toronto Zoo provides accommodations for individuals with disabilities, as defined under the Ontario
Human Rights Code. If contacted for an interview, and you require specific accommodation for the interview
process because of a disability or a medical need, then please advise the person contacting you of your
requirements, so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before
you begin the interview process.