Side by Side Therapy has posted 1 job
Side by Side Therapy is currently looking for skilled individuals to fill part-time Respite Worker positions in the Greater Toronto Area. Respite workers will work one-on-one with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (or other developmental disabilities) in the children’s home. Responsibilities:
- Assist clients with dressing and bathing, and recreation activities.
- Update client's family members on condition of their loved ones and progress as necessary.
- Make home visits to clients that have various medical diagnoses.
- Provide respite care on a planned or emergency basis during the day, evenings or weekends.
- Write progress notes regarding client objectives and goals.
- Report all suspicions of child abuse or child endangerment.
- Engage in recreational and skill building activities toward the clients' interest.
- Drive the clients to and from community outings, in your own car.
- Experience working with individuals living with disabilities
- Outgoing, sociable, and willing to take initiative
- Compassionate, trustworthy, patient, and reliable
- First Aid Certification, Vulnerable Sector Check and Professional Liability Insurance required
- Must have own vehicle with proper insurance for use for work purposes.
- Monday to Friday
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- Address Toronto